Monday, October 18, 2010

I can't believe I did it!!

DIV OVRL SEX ****6.3 MILE***** ***FINISH****
PLACE PLC PLC NAME AGE RANK TIME PACE TIME PACE
27 661 200 Lee Diamond 40 27 57:58 9:12 2:03:19 9:25

Well the time came to compete in the Murfreesboro Middle Half Marathon and I hoped I was ready. I wasn't as nervous as I was for Sherry's Run. I guess it was because I really didn't have any expectations. My goal was to run it in about 2 hours and have enough left in me at the end to sprint. My time ended up being 2 hours 3 min and 19 seconds. I came in 27th in my age group. I felt really good the whole time and was able to sprint the last part. I felt really good about my accomplishment, because I have never in my wildest dreams thought I could run a few miles, much less 13.2 miles. Now everyone says I have to do a full marathon, but I really do not have any desire to do that. Just thinking of running for at least 4 hours straight does not sound like fun to me. What I would like to do is the sprint triathlons. They are usually a 300 yard swim, 11 mile bike ride and 3.2 run. The last 2 I can do with no problem, it's just the swimming I am concerned with. So I am going to start trying to teach myself to swim. I have until May to get ready. I can do it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you Sis!! I knew you could do it! You can do anything you set your mind to! I wish I could have been there to take pictures of you. I am so proud of you! And I know a special man in Heaven looking down on you that is very proud too!