Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thankful to God!




In case you haven't heard Murfreesboro was hit very hard yesterday by tornadoes. I was in my craft room when I started hearing it on the tv, so I went downstairs to check it out and as I looked out my back door I saw it coming. I got my kids, husband and dog and took cover as it was blowing by. We lost power but that was the only thing we lost. Many neighborhoods around us lost houses. I am so thankful to God for protecting us during that terrible tragedy. The good that came out of it for us, was that we got to spend some quality time together as a family without all the distractions of tv, video games and just plain busyness. We cooked our dinner on the grill, since it was Good Friday we could not eat meat, so Drew and I had fish. The kids do not like fish, so Jackson had peanut butter sandwich and cereal and Cole had cereal, french fries (steamed on the grill) and corn on the cob. I am posting some pictures of us eating our gourmet dinner by candle light. The pictures are a little deceiving because it looks really bright but it was extremely dark and we had a lot of candles lit to be able to see. After dinner we played Life and really enjoyed each others company. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that was effected by the tragedy. Stay strong and know that God is there for you!

No comments: